- the sun is southerly in the northern hemisphere;
- the sun is rarely if ever obscured by clouds in Arizona;
- going just about anywhere from my work, including home, means driving west;
- American auto manufacturers have been putting the driver’s apparatus on the left for a century;
- my car’s air conditioning doesn’t work so I drive with the window down;
- despite my best efforts to always dress like a cartoon plutocrat, I sometimes wear short-sleeved shirts, especially in the summer,
my left forearm is more deeply tanned than my right.